Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 08:00 PM   #2
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdcrace View Post
Sorry it probably been asked a million times but I couldn't find anything. U have a new 2019 Thor Ace 30.3 and I had it plugged into shore power. When I plug into shore power a light automatically kick's on by my steps which is my master toggle switch. I had it plugged in for a month or so thinking all would be good but it fryer my batteries. What am I not doing right? I had assumed you could leave it plugged in and it would just maintain the batteries. Thank you in advance.
The light on the master power switch only shows the master power switch has power it does NOT indicate the position of the latching relay which is under the bed. If the is no power to the coach and if the interior lights will not come on using the switch, the latching relay is in the off position . Other than a voltage monitor, this is the only to ensure the latching relay is in the on or off position. With a voltage monitor or VOM, you can easily check or the battery's condition and the converter's output. If the master power on and the converter's working, the converter's output to the battery will be 13.1 to 13.5 volts depending on the temperature of the converter. If the house battery is low, the voltage may be as high as 14.3 volt during bulk charging. You should never see voltages above 14.5 volts unless the batteries are being equalized. This option is only available on the more expensive MC.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.