Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 09:46 PM   #4
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdcrace View Post
So if I go in vacation for two months and I'm at the same location plugged into power is there something different I should do so my batteries don't go dry. It's a task to check the water in the batteries in this beast. Thank you
With flooded batteries, in the cooler months checking the water monthly is all that is necessary even if continually on shore power. In the summer, when the temps are above 80 degrees, you probably need to check the water level every two weeks.
Most of us have installed the Flow-Rite Quick Fill system. It is impossible to accurately check the water level both group 29 batteries in my Hurricane unless the batteries are removed. <RVupgrades.com> sells the system.
Most MC converters assume the batteries are at the same temperature as the converter. If the batteries are in the sunshine and the A/C is on in the coach, the batteries can easily boil on hot days.

Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum