Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 05:02 AM   #14
Dilley Dilley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #16919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newf026 View Post
I am new to a Thor 2020 Miramar 35.2 that has one full slide and a pretty big half slide. Previous to this I had 2 Class C's with smaller slides - one was a Thor. I had no slide problems on either Class C.

But reading the problems here with bigger slides makes me nervous for sure. We bought the rig about 1 month ago and I have been trying every system while its been parked at the house. We will take it on its first run in late March.

So far I have moved the slides about 10 times without any problems. One thing that I do follow from the owners manual - which I never ever did in any prior RV is that when RETRACTING a slide - extend it first and hold the command button for 8+ seconds, then retract it. Conversely, if EXTENDING a slide, retract it first and hold the command button and then extend it.

This is supposed to re-sync the motors after each hectare/extend.

And in all cases when you get the slide fully retracted or extended, hold the command button for well after the motors stop.

I also have the 3 Trax system on this model. It will be interesting how this all works out. But reading the problems/fixes here gives me hope that if I have the problems then I can get them fixed.

Thanks to all for sharing the problems with slides.
We have a 2017 Miramar 34.1 and the slides have always worked effectively. Sometimes they might get out of sync and the the procedure that is provided to fix that works. You are right that you should hold the extend or retract for a few seconds after full extension or retraction to keep the motors synced. Sometimes when first extending the slide outs you might find that they don’t respond initially. If that happens then hold the retract button for a couple seconds and then go to extend. Another thing to invest in is a can of CRC lube to spray on the tracks periodically.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum