Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 01:39 AM   #2
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
I was going to post something a month ago but I waited until Ford told me exactly what was wrong before I posted anything.

Back in January I noticed two quarter size puddles under my RV in the storage unit. When I wiped it up with paper towels I saw that it was a very yellow, little to no odor and not very slick like motor oil would be.

I looked under my Axis and the twin I beams were covered and dripping and it had sprayed back on the oil pan for some time.

So I looked around with a flash light and checked all fluids, pumped the brakes etc. Everything looked fine until I saw some fresh drips comming off the AC compressor.

I made an appt at my local Ford dealer this week and dropped it off last WED @ 7 am. But the dealer always had something "more important" to work on for two days (even though I had an appt for WED 8am) so finally at 5:00 pm FRI (Yesterday) they told me what was wrong and that I could pickup my RV while the compressor was on order (Would take 3 days before it arrived).

Luckily my Axis was NOT out of Warrentee (Expires this April / 9005 miles on it) and they qouted me $1384 for the repair job (If it was not covered).

So I will bring her back this coming WED (as long as the part is in).

I will update you all once it done. I sure hope they get this job done right the first time and it lasts longer than 3 years otherwise or I will be very upset.
Since the AC/HEAT seems to be a mix of FORD and THOR, the A/C compressor is part of the E-450 FORD chassis?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum