Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 09:54 PM   #19
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
I had a grounded neutral for many years which wasn’t an issue as long as I didn’t try to connect to GFI protected outlet. As soon as I did, the GFI tripped. Even with main RV 30-Amp breaker off, it tripped instantly.

It didn’t concern me until we stayed at a campground which had updated their 30-Amp electrical at pedestals to include GFI.

Just saying I would not ignore the issue on the basis that if the ground and neutral are somehow connected in your RV (most likely unintentionally and not by design), one day you may pull into a campground with GFI on 30A service and have issues.

Installing a 30A service at home may circumvent this issue, but is not a great fix in my opinion. You may want it anyway in order to power more items at once, but doesn’t address the underlying issue. I’d have to know what was causing GFI to trip.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum