Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 02:39 AM   #1
TimmyB

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
State: Florida
THOR #15054
Trickle Charge instead of Battery Disconnect?

Hey, all. Our new rig is built and we pick it up in the coming weeks. I have made an appointment to have our baseplate and wiring kit installed into our toad, which is a 2018 Ford Explorer Limited. The owner's manual for this vehicle says all I have to do is start the engine (push-button start), place the transmission in neutral, and stop the engine. Then, it tells me to disconnect the battery.

When I made the appointment and got the final installed price, I asked if it included a battery disconnect switch or would I need to disconnect manually. The person told me that I did not need to worry about either as they install a trickle charger to keep the toad battery charged from the RV.

Does this sound correct to you? I guess I was thinking the battery had to be disconnected to avoid damage to components, but is it really just to keep it from getting completely discharged while being towed?

Please feel free to share your towing expertise with this towing noob. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

t

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum