Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 04:23 AM   #25
cavie

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Good info. It has to always feel good to find and resolve a problem like that. Not many people around that understand to appreciate.

I have a question. What if you have GFCI tripping and you have verified no short to ground on neutral or hot? When I expanded my driveway for new RV, the Rolling Gate Installer hit a UF-B underground wire that ran to a outdoor receptacle in backyard and my storage shed. In my infinite wisdom, I told them to leave it because I wanted to add a new receptacle close to where the RV would be. Initially (about a week) it worked great and then it started to trip. My new receptacle I added has GFCI; but before there was no GFCI on the circuit. IMO it should have a GFCI because we have pool in backyard. But now; no matter what I do when I connect the hot wire (black) that runs from the storage shed to location of old receptacle it trips my new GFCI breaker next to RV. It is as if something is wrong with the hot wire? It has me stumped. I even put new receptacles in storage shed and the original old receptacle in backyard. I can connect the Neutral & Ground wires to receptacle and nothing happens, but as soon as the black wire touches receptacle the GFCI by RV trips.
Gate guys may have nicked the wire in another spot but not cut through. Leaving bare exposed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.