Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 05:54 PM   #14
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
We’ve visited these National Parks numerous times over the years and have never had a toad. However, we don’t mind breaking camp so not an issue for us (we travel very light). In fact, I’d rather tour in an RV than a car anyway. We try our best to avoid crowds by not going in summer, so a larger RV isn’t as big a problem.

We’ve traveled to these parks in our 24-ft Class C, rented 30-ft Class C, and our present 20-ft van. The smaller van is more convenient to park because it fits in a standard auto parking spot much like a toad would, but didn’t find either Class C that difficult, at least when we went.

At Zion we’ve been lucky enough to get into campground next to shuttle busses. That’s the only park I recall being closed to traffic. For other parks we’ve stayed in campgrounds in Moab, or at Ruby’s, etc. and drove RV into park. When practical we do coordinate visits with moving from one area to the next.

Years ago I took my parents to most of these parks in an SUV, and I didn’t enjoy it as much as touring in an RV. While we had snacks and a cooler with food and drinks, it’s not quite the same as having the RV near by. Just my personal preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDguy View Post
If you can get in campgrounds in Zion are next to shuttle service. Coolest thing is to put your bike on the shuttle and ride back. It is like having the park to yourself.
Agree. Most memorable ride was going in and out of canyon early in morning on a tandem. What a beautiful ride. Road had just been paved and was so smooth, and also so quiet we could hear wildlife and sound of stream as we rode the 8 miles or so from campground to end. Coming back with slight downhill was a blast.

On a different trip we rode our single beater bikes a little later in morning instead, but it wasn’t quite the same. By then the shuttle buses and people made it less spectacular. Zion is great regardless.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum