Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 07:52 PM   #32
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty02 View Post
Very possible. Just odd that it worked for a week then degraded. If it’s not a huge undertaking, you could try running a temporary above ground wire from the power source to the outlet (disconnect the Underground wire) to see if the problem disappears. That would at least help to eliminate or verify the underground wire as the culprit.
I will try this this weekend. I don't have enough wire to wire to run above ground all the way to storage shed, but may try something shorter to just test the switch (that I may need to take out of storage shed). If it does need all new wiring I will be in trouble because about 25 feet is under concrete

Also per your astute observation of why it worked one week before degrading.

When I first connected it would not work at all, after some troubleshooting I completely removed the old receptacle and direct wired from new GFCI box to storage shed line in wiring with twist nuts to the Neutral, Hot & Ground wires respectively. It worked, so when I said it worked, I really meant the GFCI was not tripping and had power, I had 120VAC at the twist connections and had power to the switch and light in storage shed for about a week. So I bought new receptacle thinking the old receptacle may have been part of the issue and reconnected. Now I have the issue with the hot wire. The old receptacle box did have dirt in it where I believe Texas fire ants may have made it a home or something at some time?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.