Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 04:08 PM   #37
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty02 View Post
Dumb question...is anything plugged into the outlets or light switches turned on when the GFCI trips???
Downstream, I completely disconnected the line in wire to the switch inside the storage shed.

Upstream, the 15 amp breaker feeds few things in the house and my new outdoor GFCI. They all work fine. Even when GFCI trips (it is the new receptacle I installed outside); everything else in house still works.

Right now at this moment, everything is working but there is no ground contact to the line going to shed. There is ground contact between new GFCI receptacle and the old receptacle. I have one of those AC testers and both yellows lights are on so my old and new receptacles thinks everything is okay. But if I try to connect the ground from Storage shed wire to same twist wire connector in old receptacle the breaker trips.

UPDATE:

At the moment everything is working including the GROUND to the shed!!!!

I say at the moment because everything is temporarily wired above ground. I added a new 12 inch wire of hot, neutral & ground to replace the ends of the old wire I cut off.

I need to shut it all down and spliced the wires permanently and re-bury and hope when reconnected it all works again.

Post intended for you and all to standby while I work this through as it must have been an issue with the quality of some of the wiring.

@Cavie

If there is no response from me in few hours, called the paramedics
I should be easy to find, I am the guy with the RV in Dallas
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum