Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 11:52 AM   #1
twovillagers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #17456
Smile Thor Vegas/Axis 24.1 Bed

We purchased our 2019 Vegas 24.1 at the end of October. So far, we have used it 9 nights and are getting ready for more and longer trips as the weather "up North" improves.
We like the 24.1 and have had no major issues to date. The biggest modification made was the removal of the sofa, replacing it with two RecPro recliners-a major improvement.
My question concerns the bed. I am 6'3" plus and need bed length. To date, I have slept on the passenger side with my head at the rear of the coach letting my feet hang over the end. I removed the folding curtain to get a little more room.
Next trip, I am thinking of switiching position with my head toward the front of the coach to be able to use the center cushion for my feet. We like leaving the other center cushion out to be able to access the beds and drawers.

Of course, I thought of sleeping crosswise, but that necessitates one person having to climb over the other.

Bed length and shower size are the two things I would change in an otherwise perfect floor plan. I've adjusted to the shower (having had a "wet bathroom" in a houseboat), but I'm still looking for the best solution for the bed.

Any innovative ideas from any of the other tall owners?

Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.