Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 05:01 PM   #10
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap10Jack View Post
Last Summer was brutal during our visit to Superior, NE. I do not plan on such a terrible experience ever happening again if preventable. My thought is a 2nd AC mounted in the rear vent. Has anyone done it or am I just delusional thinking it should be relatively easy and inexpensive (outside of the AC cost)?
I don't own a 24 or Thor, but assuming you love your coach; I would upgrade to 2nd AC without ANY 2nd thought or hesitation. Think of this way, the sooner you do, the sooner you can start to reap the returns. Even if done professionally, the cost is not that much different than adding a new condenser unit to your house, maybe cheaper.

I do think you have one angle or concern to understand. When you were in Nebraska and overwhelmed by the heat, were you in position to run shore power? If so, don't be too concerned with not being able to run both units with the generator. That's the ideal but even though we have two ACs. I can't think of when we needed to run both AC's off the generator? I am in Texas, we bought a unit that comes with 2 and we use them both all of the time when on shore power. When we only need one, we alternate for a unit to run opposite of where we are at. They are both wired to same ducting. If we have guests we run both and close vents in bedroom to make it even colder in front for door to be opened and closed with greater frequency.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum