Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Dish Satellite
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 10:42 PM   #13
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
- the 'outside' SAT input is typically only to provide an easy way to accommodate hooking up an outside portable Antenna. The wiring usually leads inside to near your Entertainment Box(BOMB, box of many buttons).
You then make that connection to your Receiver, usually set within the same cabinet.

Most of us, though, probably customize our Satellite antenna placement, our receiver placement, and our wiring in and within our coaches - Satellite TV is not as 'stock' as some would like it to be, as the outside Antenna's coax cable has to enter the coach, find it's way to the Receiver, all while not encountering any 'splitters' or other connections that can interfere with the back and forth of power TO the Antenna, and signal FROM the Antenna.

You then run your HDMI or coax cable out of your Receiver to your TV, or possibly a coax from the Receiver to your Entertainment Box, if that's an option. If so, every TV will see the same Channel, even if multiple TVs can receive the signal.

Most of us also have multiple RECEIVERS, so each TV can see it's own channels, and that requires more customization as well.
Well said.
It’s doable, you just gotta think it thru

For you Vegas/Axis 24.1 owners:
I will probably enter thru the King TV port in the roof, then to the power box and living room/kitchen TV DISH receiver box. That’s the ez one
Will run a separate HDMI cable to TV so I’ll have two. EZ access.
One for DISH, one for DVD player.

For my outside TV...it’ll be on the same box as the living area TV.
I’ll run a 12’ ’ HDMI cable thru the Convection oven cavity, down behind the refridge into the cavity behind the lower kitchen cabinets. Then ez access to the outside TV
The outside TV will have to be on same channel as the living room/kitchen TV.

Then for my rear TV, I’ll run a 20’ HDMI thru the Convection oven cavity, behind the fridge, thru the closet, then to upper cabinets around to the rear TV for its own Dish box. I’ll use the existing HDMI cable that runs down the wall with an A/B switch for DISH or DVD player.
When going on long trips, I’ll take my extra home DISH receiver box with me for the bedroom.

So that’s my plan.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum