Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 12:54 AM   #11
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
The way I understand it, when you have a battery disconnect, they actually run a second 12v outlet into the cabin that comes from the RV which connects to the toad braking system. If I don't have to do all that, I'll be just as happy!

I did call the Ford dealer here in Sarasota and talked to their service department. The advisor actually went over to their aftermarket guy and he said he never installs a battery disconnect, and he always puts in a trickle charge device. Never had a problem. I guess I'll go with that.
I wouldn't trust anything the dealer tells you unless they put it in writing on Ford letterhead. Have you heard of the recent class action lawsuit Ford lost over Focus and Fiesta dual clutch transmissions? This may have nothing to do with towing 4 down but as I read about the suit I couldn't help but recall the multiple horror stories of Focus and Fiestas transmissions blowing up (as well as the engine) while they were being flat towed.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...ssion-lawsuit/
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum