Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Palazzo woes
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 04:06 AM   #13
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
Purchased a used 2013 Thor Palazzo 33.2 with 8K miles. One relay failed that I fixed, and thankfully purchased an extended warranty that is replacing the inside frame with the swintec slide gear rails and all. I was promised that the new frame is much stronger than the original. It was redesigned. Poop happens and I can fix most small things, electrical, water, appliances, etc., but have no space to remove a slide. My dealership has all RVDA/RVIA certified techs. Had a leak in the front bearing seal. Previous owner had replaced the front brakes do to a front bearing seal leak. Took it to an independent service center with RVDA/RVIA certified techs and they verified that the brakes were almost new. They think that the person that did the job had banged and pushed the seal to score it when they put the drum back on. So far so good. Only had to replace the shoes and seals on one side do to oil on them. Will there be other things? It is an RV so yes. Just make sure your dealer is not putting service work on the back burner and not feeding you a line of &*$%%%(). I am in communication with my dealer and the service manager through texting every three days. Waiting for the parts to arrive now. They let me know at each stage the status and the projected finish date.

One thing is that many blame the manufacture for failures of equipment designed and manufactured by others. The warranty for ovens, stoves, washers and driers, TV's, etc. are by the manufactures of the appliances. So do not blame appliance problems on the coach manufactures. Improper install of them is the coach builders problem. And if you have not noticed I search out and only use service places with RVDA/RVIA certified techs.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum