Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 01:47 PM   #5
Luke D

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #17954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor71 View Post
I’ll be purchasing a Thor Windsport or Hurricane 33x within the next 10 months, so I figure I’ll have a choice between the known V10 and the new 7.3-liter V8 with the new suspension package. I like the idea of the new suspension but am a little leery about an unproven power plant. However, from what I’ve read the 7.3 liter is a revamp of an older pushrod engine. So, I’d like your thoughts and opinions on buying a new motorhome with a first-year power plant. The V8 is supposed to get better gas mileage, but I can’t see that happening without the newer 10 speed gearbox that motorhomes will not be getting on the new 2020 F53 chassis.
Well there eventually won't be a choice here. The new V8 is Ford's future. Time will tell us about reliability. One thing the public is missing is the emissions issue. The new V8 is a much cleaner burn. Now the speed torque curve also set much lower when it comes to RPM. Thus the claim for better fuel milage. As with the reliability issue time will be the judge.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.