Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: paint
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 06:40 PM   #10
lwmcguire

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
And you can't get it from a paint code.
I am not absolutely certain the whole rest of the vehicle has been parked inside a dark room with just its forehead sticking out allowing only the cap to fade. The color is faded all about the vehicle is what logic dictates.

It's why you take a panel in to a paint mixer to be analyzed as to the real color of the vehicle as it now sits many years later.

The difference between taking a paint code to the mixer or a panel to the mixer is:
The panel is the correct aged color and the code is what left the factory.

Once again I'm going to suggest a professional, someone who won't try code paint on an old vehicle.
Well I actually agree with you however my preferred way in the past for vehicles was to start with the original paint and tweak it from there

Either way will get you there but I didn't have the capability of taking a panel as at the time it was to far and sometimes not possible to easily get a panel so therefore I started with original and mixed from there

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum