Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 02:23 PM   #56
jeffpiercemagic

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RW28
State: Florida
THOR #15031
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Agree...at our age, our pets are our replacement for our grown kids and often take precedent over them. I often though my daughter was a bit jealous of Little Blondie because Blondie could do no wrong by me. I'm at the point in life I don't want to have to leave a mature pet behind myself so we will not be getting another. We still have Bugsie, our 10 year old Lab. As you could imagine...Bugsie is grieving in ways we can only guess at but we will never know her pain as they can't just express it like we can. My son adopted a sweet little Pitt puppy 4 years ago. She totally changed my opinion about that breed...she's abut as sweet a dog as you could have. He reminded my last Friday of some "some words of wisdom" I spoke to him just before he got her..."Just know Brian, at your age, part of owning a pet and assuming the responsibility for them is know you will watch them die some day...start this relationship with that understanding and prepare yourself for it throughout her life". In reality...there is no preparation.
Don there is no prep for what you might have to do, but we have to do it for them and not hang on for ourselves. After the last time my wife Zita said "no more" but this is my feelings, they select you you don't select them so one day someone will select you and you will know its time.

Jeff

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum