Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 07:46 PM   #12
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Talked to my service advisor this morning while I was getting my Flex serviced, aligned and inspected. She informed me that when a car comes in for a drive train issue the first thing they do as instructed by Ford, is pull the codes and tune history from the control module. If there is any indication that a "performance enhancing tune" has been applied they deny warranty coverage, provide the diagnostic printout and an estimate to the customer as well as the page from the warranty booklet that states

"and performance-enhancing powertrain components or software and performance ‘‘chips’’ under the Damage Caused by Alteration or Modification section of exclusions. She told me the biggest offenders are the Mustang folks and then the F250 Diesel Folks.

We got into the conversation because there was a guy crying the blues to another advisor because he did his own custom tune after watching too many episodes of Street Outlaws. I guess he didn't listen to the disclaimer at the beginning of the show.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.