Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 06:55 PM   #19
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
About a year ago when I was a non RV owner and shopping around, I frequently ran into good deals with a unit that had 1 AC 30amps so I was trying to figure out the options because I knew that 1 AC would NOT be enough. Then through the knowledge of several seasoned owners on this site; they told me something that I too viewed as simple. If you want 2 ACs buy a unit with two. While I thought that was radical concept , that is exactly what we did. I would never EVER buy an RV of the size we are discussing with 1 AC. I get that some folks up north can get by off one AC, but a mobile home is NOT like buying a home with no AC on Lake Minnetonka. That RV may eventually go to Florida, Texas, Arizona or California. Why Mfgs make them with 1 AC is nothing short of criminal. At a minimum they should all be required by law to be pre wired; so they can plug and play into existing electrical. It actually may be cheaper to make if they were all made the same way anyway.

But for OP, given you own what you like with 1 AC; I am 100% confident you will NOT regret the cost to have a 2nd unit professionally installed with separate 20 amp service. If you got the money, tie it into Generator; but that is luxury nice to have based on 6 months of RV knowledge
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum