Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 04:27 PM   #11
pstandiford

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrophy View Post
Thank you Ed & Bev.

Thank you, Dave.

Question on the low point drains. I was at CW yesterday with the rig getting some of the punch list fixed and questioned them on the location of the low point drains, and they said there was no need to drain them.... <sigh>

I have found the location of the low point drains on the outside/bottom. Following those locations up into the rv - I believe the valves to release the water for the back ones are under the bed. I cannot find the front ones - maybe behind the stove? Can you describe how you release the valve? It is not just a turn valve like the fresh water drain - it is pex tubing and nothing seems like it moves/turns. thank you.
It looks like most of your original questions have been answered. Regarding low point drains. I got a schematic from Thor and they showed two sets of low point drains. Both were in the low point where the lines cross from the drivers side to the passengers side of the coach. One set on each side. However, I only had one set of low point drains in that line. It was approximately in the center of the coach and can be reached under the bed. The valves do not turn. You pull up on them to drain. To the best of my knowledge that is the only set of low point drains. I don't consider the fresh water tank drain to really be a low point drain. It is quite obvious where that one is. The Thor schematic did not show a set of low point drains in the front. (But you have me wondering now so I may run over to the coach and crawl under to look for any pipes sticking down. To be quite honest, I really wonder if it would be necessary to open the low point drains. I use antifreeze and I think that a good flow of antifreeze through those low lines would PROBABLY protect them. But, the low point drains are there so I'm going to use them. Don't want to take a chance.

You will have to get antifreeze into you gray tank through the shower or your kitchen sink drain. Your bathroom sink drains into the black tank.

And one thing that you didn't mention is the water filter. It is hidden away behind a non removable panel on the left side of the kitchen sink. You MIGHT be able to reach it buy removing the two drawers to the left of the sink. (You can definitely see it from there.) I was not able to get the wrench on it so I actually cut away the panel on the left side and that made accessing it much easier. I doubt very much that you could blow that out with a compressor and the filter should be removed before using antifreeze. If you do a search for my previous posts you will see pictures of where the filter is located. I also posted the schematic that Thor provided. Be aware that there are errors in the schematic since it shows that the filter is a "whole coach" filter but it really just filters the cold water at the kitchen sink.

I think all of your other questions were answered but if not let me know. There is at least one other 31L owner on the forum so you are not alone. We just got ours in July of this year so we are still learning.

Happy camping,
Paul

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum