Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 07:25 PM   #4
Pappydude

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.4
State: Oregon
THOR #2824
Thanks Grump - I understand the "location" point - but you have to almost take the inside of one bedroom wall apart to get to it! I started looking on my own yesterday before it goes in for winterization on the 19th. Thought maybe I could buy the parts and while the tech was in there to winterize, they could install it (probably for a nominal fee). The bedroom has 3 panels on the closet side. One panel allows access to the water tank. The middle panel does not come off - it's part of the third panel and it's all one piece. Problem is, there's a wooden panel covering the third panel - it comes off to allow but only allows access to an electrical plug of some kind that looks like it's in backwards. There's a volley ball sized hole in that panel allowing access to the plug. The water pump and drain valves are on the floor behind that - and that panel doesn't come off. (or out) If you remove the middle of the three drawers, you can see the water pump and drain valves, but you can't access them. Why wouldn't Thor provide the ability to drain the tank from the outside - thru the drain hole already there - where the termination valve for the fresh water tank is? You're right - I don't like it - but to cover up something that many people would probably access if they drain their fresh water tank, even once a year, to me, is a design flaw. If I can figure out how to get pictures posted here..........but I appreciate your response

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum