Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 08:09 PM   #16
Forest Grump

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: California
THOR #3186
Strong wind gusts effect motorhomes. The 16,000 ford chassis does not have a track bar. Trac bars keep the axles tied to the frame and remove the sideways element of movement differences between the two.

When a gust of wind hits your coach it tips it and the coach tends to go in that direction much as counter steering does on a motorcycle, which is how you steer a motorcycle. I called safety steer about my coaches handling, much as you describe for yours. From prior experience I thought my#1 fix would be a front trac bar, they agreed. For #2 a rear track bar, they agreed. #3 front SumoSprngs to avoid the severe dips I had experience due to massive crosswinds hitting the front corners, they agreed. #4 a SuperSteer, they disagreed, I was not having tire wander. As to bigger sway bars they suggest I try 1,2 and 3 first.

Been out twice since the install. I am very pleased. Passing trucks coming or going no effect. 25 to 40 mph gusty winds in Cajon Pass we didn't know it. Leaf springs will wander. Big boxes on suspensions, um trucks and motorhomes.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.