Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: paint
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 04:00 PM   #27
Dilley Dilley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #16919
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleflier View Post
Can I get matching paint from Thor to repaint top of my front cap? I know it is fiberglass that has gel coat, but it has faded and exposed a repair . It looks like they sanded an area and then gel coated. I'm thinking that since buffing and waxing won't work I will paint that area and clear coat with UV protection clear. I also would like to find what they glued the many caps on. any products I find are clear but stick out like a sore thumb. A product that matches color would be great.
The answer to your question is Yes.
You should be able to get at least the paint scheme name and possibly each color name in your paint scheme. For instance our 2017 Miramar maint scheme is called Crimson Quartz. The four colors in the scheme are; DM220 / Dark Arizona Beige, DM120 / Black Mist Metallic, DM150 / Red Copper Metallic, and YR537P Champagne Mist Pearl. These paint colors should be in the database at the automotive paint store you use to get the paint. I used Sherwin Williams Automotive Paint Store. The only caveat to my situation was that since I live in California I had to wait to get my paint when we traveled to Arizona. In California the paints are water based and don’t match well with the paint that are used at the factory. Good luck with it. I hope this was helpful.

PS, Call Thor Customer Service and they should be able to give you the information after you provide them with your unit number. My touch up paint kit was all dried up from sitting in the Motorhome on the lot for months. There was a paper with the colors that had the color names and the paint codes on it. At the bottom of the paper it listed Carrera Custom Painting #1 574-295-7907
2017 Thor Miramar 34.1
Crimson Quartz
Dilley Dilley is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.