Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Refrigerator
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 01:17 AM   #2
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckb View Post
Does anyone know if the refrigerator has any type of drain for the thawing of the freezer/refrigerator, the reason I ask is my freezer thawed out, reason unknown, and everything Melted and all the water went down and into my furnace and some into my storage compartment, that’s how I noticed I had a problem. But the big problem was that the water had no place to go but down and the heater is directly under the refrigerator. If you never had this problem yet you might want to look at placing some kind of water Barrier over your heater to prevent this from happening to your furnace.

Absorption or residential? Assuming the former then there is a tray under the fins in the fridge part. There is a tube that should connect to it that leads outside and usually dumps into another tray to evaporate. But I’ve seen some that just dump out the access panel. But the bottom of your fridge should be water tight too so unless you have a heck of a lot of frost it should just puddle there.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.