Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Removing Decals
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 07:21 PM   #19
Laco

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordSanClemente View Post
I am disappointed to find out I may have to do this in the future to our 2019 purchased used in Jan 2020.
I do have a question...
Is it known if the decay of these decals is due to sun, time, environment (IE Salt air) or a combination of these?
I am currently storing the unit in a covered (not indoor) facility.
This might help me justify the high cost to keep it there instead of looking for a lower priced option at my leisure.
I also saw that THOR recommends application of a liquid was once a year. Does this help the decals?
Keeping the sun off it will significantly extend the life of the decals, but no matter what you do they will not hold up as well as painted graphics. I always kept ours inside, and after 3.5 years they were still as good as new. My plan when they deteriorated, was to have them striped off, and have someone with more talent than I have, paint the same graphics over the marks that would most certainly be left.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum