Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 05:07 PM   #12
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I took a different tack.
My inverter charger charges at 150amps instead of my stock 45a(?) converter.
It charges faster.
Mine is stackable so I could, for no reason that's reasonable, become 6,000w and 300a charging.
Mine does the same (essentially) thing a TransForm does. It adds volts to low voltage shore power. It will pull from the battery, and invert the incoming 109v to the adequate voltage.
A module can be added which will allow you to select circuits it will turn off, in turn, if your battery goes awry.
Set it to shut down the microwave, then the TV then the heater, up to nine or so things.

There are lots of reasons to go full blown. Mostly that the labor cost is going to be the same(ish) and any future ac or battery changes are covered by this inverter. Batteries are changing/cheapening just a bit faster than solar and ac technology, but all three are on a huge upward trend of effeciency and a huge downward pricing.

Your stock converter system is barely adequate, if adequate.
I had to unplug mine when I did the
Xantrex ws3012 install. It lives unobtrusively behind the under sink drawers next to the heater vents. There're pictures in the 24.1 link in my signature including pics of where I put the controller, which also runs, completely integrated with the ws3012, my automatic generator starting system. If my batteries go low(and lots of other things which will turn on your generator without you being there) my inverter tells the ags to do its thing.

You'll spend the money once. The expense isn't recurring. You're not throwing any money away.

An adequate inverter charger is the first step to a usable size solar array.
It's the first step to a minisplit ac conversion.
It's the first step to being able to run your microwave with electronics deciding that viability.

I didn't like the expense. The expending is over and done.
You must think of an inverter as integrated and not stand alone. Then make your decision.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum