Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 09:28 PM   #1
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
An Anecdotal COVID-19 Saga

Well, we got our first confirmed case of CV19 in our county. This is north Florida, generally rural, but smack where I-10 and I-75 cross. The county to our east has had 1 case for about half a week. north and west are 0 cases, and Gainesville to our south has blossomed from a start of 4 students to 29 as of now, no deaths, in less than a week.

This will be interesting to see how this progresses (multiplys?) in our local.

Now of course HIPAA prevents officials from disclosing who the person is but demographics say it is a 46 year old woman with a non-travel related case.

But the grapevine runs thick in these parts and the story is this woman worked at a convenience store on the east side of town across the street from the only fast food/convenience store combo for about 6 miles. So chances are; she contracted it from a fly-by customer traveling from a higher infected location such as Jacksonville or Gainesville. The scary part is; how many people has she come in contact with since contracting the virus but before symptoms arose. Not just locals, like her coworkers and local customers, but people traveling across the state or even country.

I titled this a saga as I intend to report back at least daily on how this expands in our rural, socially distant community so you can get a snapshot into how one case progresses. We may be lucky and she may be the only case for awhile, but given her job, I kinda doubt it. Also, we have very warm weather right now, highs in the 80s for at least a week, close to 90 today. Maybe the warm weather will put a damper on the problem.

This thread has gone way off-base on occasion, maybe even due to my use of "offensive terms" to inject a little humor into my OP. I have changed those terms and moved all the extraneous posts about names and feeling offended to another thread where hopefully discussion can occur about those things in a civil manner. Some posts in this thread were deleted by the site team before I took this action as they strayed from our forum guidelines. The new thread is:

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...ame-21121.html

What's in a Name?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum