Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 04:20 PM   #4
Wonderdog

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Interesting: Is there something you don't like about the Axis making you consider this change?
We do not want slides. The 24.1 doesn't work for us. The longer couch is for us.
Much easier chassis/engine maintenance. Removing the front wheel to replace the Axis battery is ridiculous and expensive. I know some have done it from inside but still not easily accessible and I don't want to do it. I paid extra at local rv shop to install the new one recently. A lot extra.

Our first class c was a good experience except for the slide. We almost pulled the trigger on a Thor Freedom Elite 28Z a couple of years before we got the Axis. The 28Z now has a slide. My biggest concern is whether or not the loss of a panoramic window of the A and the overhang on a C will be a concern.
Also, 30 feet is our max length wanted, no matter if class A or C. There are few non slide units out there with any room. Our first C was a Gulf Stream and they make a 30 foot non slide unit now. We;ve looked at non slide class A units but nothing that really made us want one.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum