Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: RV Security
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 05:15 PM   #2
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I'd like to add: please keep the topic to RV security (e.g. things you do to keep items in your RV secure).

I would really like to avoid the whole "do you take your gun with you" because those threads quickly go to the lowest common denominator and accomplish nothing.

My thoughts after reading his blog post (didn't listen to the podcast but the notes appear to be a transcript): His RV has a key fob which the thieves thwarted somehow to gain entry (the mention of the insurance company not wanting to pay because of no signs of forced entry--really!? wow!). Many motorhomes don't use a keyfob and on many of those there really is no clear path to the inside via the outside storage units. Thus they may be slightly more secure (e.g. may take the thieves another 30 seconds to get in) because of that fact.

In his case as well: I don't think the Roadtrek has any outside storage bins that use the 751 key? Even if it did I'm not sure the thieves knew about that point of entry.

(A note: On our 5th wheel you could easily gain entry into the main area of the RV from one or more of the outside storage bins.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.