Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 12:29 AM   #15
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I respectfully disagree. At 105 PSI the difference between 3 and 5 percent is approx 2 pounds. In a high pressure situation 2 pounds can be significant especially if the ambient temps during the trip have gone from 68 at 7:00 Am to 115 at high noon in the desert.

If they say they are accurate to plus or minus 3 PSI then they need to be accurate to plus or minus 3 PSI and at 105 PSI that gives them 101.85 (102) to 108.15 (108). I should not be seeing readings of 109, 110, 111, and 112. I'll surrender 109 for rounding.

I am more inclined to give an RV manufacturer the benefit of the doubt on loose screws or misaligned cabinet doors than I am a TPMS or other safety device manufacturer being off by over 2 percent outside of their published tolerance. As I asked them, if I can't trust the readings when the tires are cold and the vehicle is stationary, how can I trust the system to alert me when the tires are hot and I'm rolling down the road at 65 MPH.

It may be acceptable for you or others but when it comes to the lives of my family members it is nowhere near acceptable to me.

Best of luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum