Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 04:14 PM   #1
erockster20

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Arkansas
THOR #14428
Generator and house battery issues

Hello all. I have a Thor Challenger. So I have determined my house batteries are shot and need to replace. However, while I assumed they had just drained down I tried starting my generator to no avail. I put a jumpstart box on one of the batteries and the Generator started right up. So I thought I would leave it running for a bit to charge up the house battery. After about 30-45 minutes the generator shut off. So I went back later and tried the same thing. Used the box and jumped the generator and 30-45 minutes had the same result.

So my question is, could the generator be dying from the battery issues or is it something different? It would seem to me once the generator is running the house batteries wouldn’t be holding it back right? Thanks for the help.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum