Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 05:31 AM   #2
Calman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #11380
Everyone who has ever tried or owned a RV has their fair share of horror stories and fairy tales to pass along.

I would wander over to the Google site and type in Alaska RV Rentals to get a look at what is available in your area. Then I'd rent one for the weekend to see how it fits your style. Of course, the sticker shock of renting a RV in Alaska will get you right off the bat as a 3-day weekend will cost you around $750.00 or more. And, one of the Rental Dealers can answer your questions about 4-wheel RVs available in AK and other RV topics.

If the current virus is not too serious in Alaska you might cruise down to a nearby campground once the tourist season is in full swing and talk to some of the folks camped out there. You'll find them, for the most part, friendly and willing to share some of their knowledge and experience.

I made a trip into Canada and Alaska 4 years ago on a motorcycle trike towing a pop up camper. Had a blast. TIP: I cashed in a pile of points for restaurant cards (Outback, Cracker Barrel) and gas cards. Think I paid cash for 3 tanks of gas ---the rest were paid with the gas cards or one of my credit cards which racked up more points.

Good luck in your hunt and I hope your planned trip is a great success. I know it'll be long.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
Calman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.