Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 03:31 PM   #4
camperpapa

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #14841
XG32 vs 28SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Greenhorn View Post
I'm totally new to the idea of an RV. Don't have a rig yet but looking at the Magnitude XG32 versus the Dynamax Isata 5 28SS. I really like the Thor but the Dynamax seems to also have just about everything we need. Want to use it to travel to visit my daughter in Florida from the Northeast and do some weekend trips here.

Any advice on quality, build, etc.? All I hear is horror stories about how everything is broken like the week after you pick the rig up.

I really want 4WD being in the Northeast.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Hello Greenhorn - will be following this thread as am in the same decision process XG32 vs 28SS - doesn't seem to be much "hands on" actual experience
with either unit based on earlier threads - hopefully yours will get more response ( may help to change the title to pique more interest ? )

I like the shorter OAL of the 28SS and the likely supposedly greater CCC weight, the smaller single slide-out, and the Cummins diesel. Not so hep on the elevated TV position requiring you to watch sideways and at an upward angle.

I like the Ford chassis of the XG32 but I am prejudiced being a Ford buyer for 30+ years ( even though I have a son that is in Parts Service at a Ram dealer ). I like the double sitting areas ( dinette and theater recliners ) and the eye level TV directly across from the recliners.

Sorry I cannot directly answer any of your questions - just want you to know there are others pondering the same issues. Good luck on your venture.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.