Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 02:18 AM   #5
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by K6NCX View Post
My 2016 ACE 30.1 came with 3 identical Seiki TVs. 32”, I believe.

The one in the bedroom failed about a year after purchase. I thought about moving the unit from outside to the bedroom, but I couldn’t - still can’t - figure out how to get the outside one off the mounting. And didn’t care too much, as our taste in TV is different so we don’t watch in bed.

Well, now the living room TV has failed as well. But interestingly, the failures are identical. In both cases I thought at first the remotes were not working, then found that the set didn’t come on with the physical switch either, then realized that the tiny red LED that is normally lit when the TV is off but has power to it is not lit. In both cases I verified that the power outlet is hot. In both cases the TV performed normally when last used, them... nothing.

Has anybody else encountered this, and if so, is there a ready solution?

What units have people used for replacement that they’ve been happy with?

Anybody know how to get the outside TV unmounted?
We had our 2016 Vegas bedroom TV die also. We removed the outside TV and put it in the bedroom. Just wonder why it is the bedroom TVs that everyone has die. We just unplugged the electrical cord under the sink, removed the screws from the four mounting brackets and moved the outdoor TV to the bedroom. Has worked there for a year...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.