Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 06:50 PM   #25
sage

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #6999
Send a message via Skype™ to sage
Happy with our 25.2

I started off with a ’95 Tiffin 32 foot Allegro Bus, no slide. We put a lot of miles on it, going all over the Lower 48. The only complaint we ever had was that a slide would have made it a lot roomier.

We moved up, down or sideways, I’m not sure, to a Tiffin 36 foot Allegro Bay, with a living room slide. We really liked the floorplan and all of the extra room that came with the slide. But I spent more money, repairing the slide, trying to keep it working, that we finally gave up, sold it and bought a park model in a community we really loved in FL.

After 10 years, I got itchy feet again. We thought maybe, if we bought something small, just for short trips and the bi-annual migration to and from FL, we be happy. We looked at a number of Class Bs, and finally ended up buying a Tioga 23 footer with a single slide. It was perfect, except for the sleeping arrangements. All it had was the drop down dining booth or the jack knife couch. And neither was large enough for both of us. We kept it for six months, enjoyed being able to travel again, but hated the sleeping arrangements. It did end up being an outstanding investment, as we sold it for slightly more than we paid for it. I don’t expect that that will ever happen again.

We bought a used 2016 Vegas 25.2 and for the most part, have been happy with it. Yes, changing the battery is a pain. And I’ll understand why the dump valve had to have that twist design. Otherwise, we’re happy and I’d do it again. We’ve owned three years now and haven’t had a problem with the rear slide, or the drop down cab bed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum