Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 08:51 AM   #15
Dwain65

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #1052
The likelyhood of my situation applying to you may be slim but I would suggest inspection of your furnace squirrel cage blower. On my last trip a few weeks ago I was reliant on heat because temps were in the low 40's. I noticed several times through the night that I could hear random squeeling noises and some clicking from the furnace and air output was low. I pulled the cover to the blower wheel when we returned home and this is what I found. The sail switch that detects airflow became detached and shredded 1/2 of the fan blade. I have a blower wheel sail switch and new cover as tabs were broken on it to replace before our christmas trip...kind of crazy, still works but very little airflow..in the second picture you are only seeing 1/2 of the full blower wheel in tact. The other half was completed shredded of it's blades
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	File_000.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	1144   Click image for larger version

Name:	File_001.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	1145  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum