Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 12:03 AM   #30
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
Went from the smallest tent trailer Starcraft made to an Itaska Spirit 24ft no slides. Traveled locally and loved it. Then one trip across the country added Steer Safe and air bags. Finally felt save driving it back home. Got really small when it poured cats and dogs for several days. Then purchased a diesel dully and a fifth wheel with two slides. Wow what a difference. Loved it for seven years and over 50k miles. The purchased our new to us Class A Palazzo 33.2. Less room inside and close on storage, but the ride! Live outside when camping a lot so not so bad. My wife's neck and back could not take the truck ride anymore and she has a high prosthesis that could not allow her to sit in a gas class C or A along with my back and knees that needed a big change. With a class C she needs to get out of the passenger door to enter the class C and with a gas Class A she could not get into and out of the passenger seat. Gas class C or A are noisy and some of it can be mitigated with more sound proofing added and a steer save added for better control in wind. So it just depends on what type of traveling you are going to do. We wanted a washer and dryer, home fridge, etc.. Unless you have a big income, make sure on just what you want. If you don't, it can get expensive. If I was by myself, I might have opted for a large class C or A gas unit. Love the diesel pusher though and always love the room the slides add.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum