Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 03:01 PM   #5
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Except for my GREATLY ABUSED 6v golf cart batteries in golf carts, where the loads often heated the cables to a point they burned off the insulation and burnt a battery terminal right off the battery(they were used as tractor motors for small road plows):
I haven't added water to a battery in 45 years.

I think, and some will dispute :
Checking your coach battery water is not needed.

Don't let the worriers(wherever you acquired the original notion of checking the chassis battery's water) worry you.
If the worry worries you, spend $100 NOW on an agm battery and never ever will you need to mess with an inspection mirror, distilled water and contortionism.

By nursing the water level, if it ever was a problem, all you accomplish is prolonging the eventual replacement of a long outdated technology of a wet cell.

Replace it today, amortize the $100 to the nickel a day it is to not worry about water.
(Pay the core charge on your new battery, place a free adv on Craigslist, and give your good but antiquated battery to someone who doesn't have the cash for a new badly needed battery.)

I always prefer happy, especially when it comes to my rv kit.
I see it as Thor lended me a battery until I could buy the one I like/need/want. It's a lender battery you have now.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.