Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 06:09 PM   #6
PEHetzer

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27k
State: Arkansas
THOR #1759
Send a message via Skype™ to PEHetzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by flogger View Post
What is odd is our radio/camera went dead out of nowhere. Had trouble turning it off Monday night so I held in the on/off button and it went off. What was odd was that the TV remote turned the radio on that's when I had trouble turning it off. Tuesday we got up early to make the final push to AZ and no radio/camera.
Flogger
During our last trip to the Grand Canyon, we encountered the same problem. I had to turn off all of the coach power and then remove the radio to access the connections on the rear of the radio. When we received our new RV, we were given the tools needed to remove the radio. The tools look like two pieces of flat metal with bent ends. The tools are inserted along the middle of the side edges with the bent tip pointing towards the side of the coach. As they are pushed into position, the tools release the locking mechanism that keeps the radio in the dashboard. Now, by pulling on the tools and the edges of the radio, the radio can be drawn outwards. There is enough wiring slack to allow the radio to be fully withdrawn. I removed all of the connections and then reconnected them to assure a good tight connection.
Re-installing the radio just involves pushing it completely back into its position within the dash; not tools needed. After this, all problems were resolved and the radio works fine.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.