Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 06:29 PM   #24
PEHetzer

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27k
State: Arkansas
THOR #1759
Send a message via Skype™ to PEHetzer
Buying a new Hurricane? - some considerations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacrosie View Post
Hello all,

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a Thor Hurricane 27k. Getting nervous too.

Rosemary
I purchased a 27k several months ago and I have to warn you about a few items before you leave the dealership.
1. Have them check and assure that every tile is inflated to the pressure recommended by the label located on the wall directly under the driver's side window.
2. Have them tighten the front sway bar to is highest position.

3. Beware of the pull-out pantry cabinet next to the refrigerator. If both latches (top and bottom) are not properly working then the door of this cabinet will pop open and slam into the cabinet door next to the bathroom.

4. Have them physically show you where the hot water bypass valves are located and what you must do to access them.

5. Have them physically show you how to drain your fresh water tank.

6. As soon as you can arrange it, have a shop check the RV's wheel alignment and tire balance.

My experience the first time that I drove my new RV was a white knuckled one from Kansas City to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. I didn't understand what I didn't know and had to learn the hard way. I have made several more minor modifications and would share them. Presently, we are enjoying our RV, but I've had to developed a new definition for what an RV truely is. Definition of an RV; "A hobby on wheels". Good luck.... Paul

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum