Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 10:35 PM   #10
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Thor MC plant 750 (ACE, Windsport, Freedom Traveler and Hurricane) usually puts master power switch the first thing as you come in the door. It is a house battery disconnect. It used to be labeled Use/Store then Master Power, but I suspect it still there. It works this way. Under the bed is a latching relay that connects the power center (the panel with the circuit breakers and 12 volt fuses) to the house battery(s). This relay is controlled by a momentary switch by the entrance door. Sometimes there is a red light associated with this switch. The light only indicates there is power to the switch and not the position of the relay.

If you have shore power there is no way to know the position of the relay unless you can monitor battery voltage. I use my inverter for the house batteries and a standalone voltmeter connected to the ignition switch for the chassis battery.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.