Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 03:08 PM   #12
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Well said ArrrV. We must all adapt to these changing requirements regardless of the inconvenience it may cause.

In our case we live in north Florida.
My wife's 83 YO mother, brother and married niece live in Deland.
My 94 YO father with dementia lives in Palm Bay with his 24 hr caretaker and husband.
My oldest son with 3 grandchildren live in Sanford.
My youngest son and DIL and 20 month old grandson live in Largo.

It's nothing for us to be on the road visiting family 3/4 weekends.

I generally visit my father at least every 3 or 4 weeks at the longest to populate his daily medications and provide any other personal supplies he may need. Taking care of his medication has now fallen to his caretaker for the foreseeable future. I did drop off a couple of months of personal supplies as well as hand sanitizer last Saturday with a non-contact drop-off and may have to do the same in a couple of months but for now the visits are on hold.

My oldest son is a single father so we brought 2 grandsons to our house at the beginning of Spring Break, which turned into two weeks of Spring Break, which has now turned into Distance Learning until at least 1 May, which we all know will turn into Distance Learning for the rest of this school year. In this case we can't spoil the grand kids and give them back when we are tired of them. So at 64 and 65 we have become full time parents again for the foreseeable future.

And probably the worst is we are missing our youngest grandson as he is progressing through the stage of his life where changes come fast and furious. No telling when we will be able to visit him again; he will likely turn 2 before we see him.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum