Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 01:57 AM   #16
Dilley Dilley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #16919
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRob View Post
On the shift on steering column, of my 2018 Vegas, there is a button to press for use when towing. I was told to use it when I purchased my RV, and I do.Whenever it is engaged and I am slowing down, going down or up a hill, the engine roars and RPMs increase higher than I would like. I prefer to keep my RPMs between 2000 and 3000. Is there any distinct advantage to using the towing selector? There have been times when I forget to engage it, and drive a distance with no problems.
I drive ours in Tow/Haul all the time. We don’t tow but it helps conserve the brakes when going down grades. Don’t let those higher rpm’s concern you. The higher rpm’s are better than frying your brakes. You should also consider choosing a lower gear to drive down steep grades and that will lead to higher rpm’s. Good rule of thumb is drive downhill in the same gear that you would need to drive uphill. Stay safe

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum