Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Axxera removal
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 01:10 PM   #11
JHGIII

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #11389
I installed a Kenwood DDX8906S and new door speakers yesterday in our 2017 Outlaw class C. It took a few hours but with the Crutchfield “ready harness” option, it was actually fun. For those planning to DIY I highly recommend this option. Note, it was only necessary to partially remove the dash bezel that extends around the radio as well as the instrument cluster. I needed to disconnect the two 12V “cigarette lighter” plugs but not the climate control. The bezel flexes enough to work the radio into the slot.

The Kenwood is WORLDS better. Works with Apple Carplay, screen tilts to multiple settings so glare is no longer a problem. Rear camera looks so much better and now has customizable guidelines. We set the mid level line for the distance we need to drop the toyhauler ramp.

Now to replace the crummy inside TV with a “smart” and upgrade the remaining speakers. I’ll soon have this thing the way I want it.

Oh, and the Axxera won’t make a good anchor. It weighs next to nothing. Enjoy your new head unit.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum