Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Registration
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 02:08 PM   #7
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Sorta.
If it's not in dispute and nothing underhanded is suspected, Arizona goes by the frame number and Nevada the body number, or vice versa.
This is a STATE thing, not a federal thing as to how the vehicle year is determined.
There are non-existant 1966 Camaros out there per title, and Volkswagens fiberglas sandbuggies, identical to each other, built side by side, with one being registered a 1962 and another in anothet state registered as a 1977.
(I think a sandbuggy equates well to this situation. A marriage of a federal Vin to a body of some year, probably other)

The 2009,2010,2011 thing will depend on when sold and then what state decided
Frame vs body vs sold date.
Due to a body vs frame registration of mine recently in Arizona, once both vehicles were established as not stolen I had a choice to register it as a 1960, a 1979, new as a 2015. Mvd gave ME a choice of what went on title.

Arizona even had/has an option for a mobile home to be real estate or vehicle.
Arizona requires all used sales to use msrp as the basis for registration costs.
This means a 2018 being bought out of state, though 67,000 was paid, is registered at the full 128,000(or whatever it was) for a 24.1 axis.

If there was ever a state which couldn't care less about Arizona law, it's california.

So, the importance of the year might be due to the 'break' between msrp registered or year registered. 100,000 base vs 30,000 base. That $1,000 to register or $140 to register.

The 'friend' needs to go to mvd with a giant smile and a good attitude.
The rv itself is about as devalued as it can get for an rv and the year, in my opinion is far far far far outweighed by condition and miles.
Book value is a guideline and nothing else.
My blazer books for $800 bucks. It will pull $11,000 if sold.
My avalanche booked for $38,000 and I bought it at a dealer for $17,000.

No matter the how or what, dmv rules the day. Ask them. My/our opinion is of no value and surely you haven't the audacity and stupid to tell a dmv clerk:
'some guy on the internet in some unrelated state said you're wrong'.

Everything in this post is based on real personal experience in the state asked about.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum