Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 07:55 PM   #13
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
my coach, the 2014 Thor PALAZZO diesel pusher, and the Lippert 'Level Up' hydraulic levelers, requires the Air Brakes to be engaged, or else the ALERT ALARM will suddenly come on, LOUDLY, of course, the the Levelers will actually RETRACT all by themselves, as a safety measure...

what I've learned is that it's actually EASIER and QUICKER to let this happen, versus going into the system, turning it ON, pressing the 'Retract All' button and waiting for it all to happen...but that's just me, especially if you are prepared for the 'loud' alarm!

One thing I HAVE noticed, though, in over 100,000 miles of travel in this coach, is that on several occasions over 5 years time I've seen the Level Up panel COME ON, while driving! It says 'Jacks Down' for a moment, but then goes off just as quickly, with a little 'alert' beeping as well.
The first time, it certainly sent me searching! But, I found nothing that would be the root of the problem. I gave up trying to find out, since the next several trips went without any such trip up.
When it happened again, I assumed that the system was only responding to a 'slightly' lower jack, through it's position sensor, and 'retracted' it, as it is programmed to. Nice.

I now view this anomaly as a 'sometimes it happens every now and then, don't fret it' situation, and let it do it's thang.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum