Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 01:14 PM   #12
V1VR

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor outlaw 38MB
State: Florida
THOR #18251
Thanks neighbor, I’m from the Brevard area have a house over in Cape Canaveral beachside. I spend as much time there as I can but for now home base is in Missouri around St. Louis. Have a Rv pad and power pedestal (50amp) at the MO house.
The coach has been great and mostly trouble free. 2 weird episodes right after I brought it home of “ghost slides” researched on this form and although I have updated firmware on the multiplex that fixed this issue I just reset that system and reinstalled app on IPhone and no issues so far.
I modded the rain gutters as the forward ones discharged the water directly on to the top of sidewall exactly above the forward cab windows because of very short inadequate down spouts really Poor design but easy fix by extending the “downspout” about 1 1/2 “ and now the water falls to ground and not dribbling down the sides risking intrusion above front cab windows .Not liking the factory axxera TVs I will replace each (4) with smart ones as budget allows.
One thing I can’t seem to figure out though is the entrance handle on the exterior front door. The data sheet shows a “lighted” handle -clear tube- but I can’t find a switch or ever seen it working at night mystery so far. I’m not ready to dismantle it yet I’m sure I’m just missing some simple explanation.....
I also added “fatmat” sound insulation under doghouse and cab floor and wheel wells made a huge difference in sound level while driving, and speaking of driving also added SafetySteer damper. This is a big gasser and it drives pretty good. No suckin or blowby from the other big rigs on the road. I was actually surprised by how easy stress free the drive was. I’ll know more when I attempt a 600 mile day.

One good thing about this social distancing is plenty of time to putz around with my new toy.��

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.