Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 02:20 AM   #26
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Before I bought my coach last November, this was one thing that I read from a lot of Thor owners that were either confused by, or did not like the way the Use/Store functionality works. I took great care with my SOP notes; so I would be ready ....... but I bought SOB (Winnebago)

Regardless, I had pre purchased a 12Vdc adapter with Red LED digital readout that shows voltage on house batteries up front in Cab area on a Cigarette plug socket; so I can see voltage at all times. When Genset is running or shore power connected it is always 13+ volts. I can verify or see the same on the AGS Ec-30 panel as it will tell me the voltage for House & Chassis. If AGS is enabled, shore power is disconnected, and voltage drops to 12.4 or lower the generator will start and charging begins.

But here is my favorite part. The Green LED on the Use / Store rocker is a true Chassis disconnect switch. So when it is off the House batteries are shut down even if driving the RV. I know this because one day while driving my phone was not charging and the 12vdc LED digital plug readout in Cab area was not on. I assumed I had wiring issue only to learn that my Use/Store switch was off. Green light on means 12VDC is available for use; if you have no Shore or Generator running. If I have Shore or Generator it is always charging and I can see by the digital LED readout in front of coach, or by looking at Energy Management System on the wall that confirms power source and amperage available.

So if OP is just really persistent, could he not simply hard wire the existing Thor Use Store Switch to always be on so no chance for it to be turned off by mistake? and then add a new true battery disconnect switch to shut down any and all parasitic drain to house batteries? Optionally; buy a 12 Vdc Digital plug socket as a bonus? All of this is less than $50 bucks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-Dual-3-...LPki3rdtdySk6A
Rewiring the switch is a recipe for disaster as it is a DPDT momentary contact normally open switch which just changes the position of the latching relay. You would need to bypass the latching relay to always keep the batteries connected to the 12 VDC buss.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.