Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 12:17 PM   #9
bigben

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Looks can be very deceiving. As TyCreek pointed out, it is about the ratio of wheel base to length to start with (e.g. 38' Challenger on a 252 wheel base = 55.2 ratio).

Then the layout, weight distribution and tire size are equally important. BUT if your ratio is low - very difficult to get there from here.

Finally, if ratio is solid and loading is well thought out - correct tire pressure is literally where the rubber meets the road.

Like Dave, after we had our first road trip behind us - I simply could not believe how well the new Challenger 37TB handled. We have since traveled 14000 miles (most in a round trip coast to coast trip with granddaughters) and I can only remember getting "surprised" one time by a what I called a rogue side wind. It was SCARY but not dangerous.

PS: I added a Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer to help with blowouts not for steering troubles.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.